Monday, March 2, 2015

The Power of Pandora

While outside running one day, I was jamming to my Pandora station as always. Typically I hear a couple songs each time I exercise that I have never heard before. I always look to see who the artist is and research them to see what other songs they have. On this particular day the artist I came across was Kortney Jamaal Pollard also known as "Mali Music". His voice intrigued me, and I wanted to learn more about him and his music. The first song I heard was called "I Believe". It spoke some very truthful concepts going on in this world in relation to religion and beliefs. I immediately connected with his music and listened to his entire CD. I believe is truly a beautifully written song about continuing to believe in Christ in this world of chaos. The beginning of the chorus "I Believe" says: 


"I'm just one ah them ole people who's got to hold on 
Sometimes I can't see but I still believe"

Those words are so simple, yet so meaningful in my life. Mali Music is now one of my favorite artists and it all came about through Pandora. This shows the power of Pandora for new and upcoming artists. This social media platform is a way for them to be heard by listeners that choose to hear genres similar to the type of music they produce. None of my friends had heard of him, and now they have all because one Pandora listener heard his song. Word of mouth is the most effective form of marketing and thats exactly what I did when I found out about Mali music; i told everyone I knew. I even posted it on my Instagram account. (and as you see am writing a blog about it). 




1 comment:

  1. Pandora is essential to my morning routine, and I agree with you, I am always discovering new artists that I love and never even knew existed. If you are a new artist, Pandora is an outlet that could be the key to your success. I listened to the song you mentioned and it is awesome! I might just have to purchase it:)

    ReplyDelete