Monday, March 23, 2015

Retail Brands Can Have Fun Too!



Being that Instagram is the social media platform I check most often, I am surprised I haven't written about it yet. Well, here it goes! Let me tell you about my most recent experience with the platform. Recently I started following a few different retail Instagram accounts (I am starting a career in retail come July). I felt that following some accounts from the industry could give me some insight into a few things before starting my job. I was actually very impressed by the posts that Macy's was posting. The creativity and photograph quality was much better than I was expecting. There are a variety of posts done by them including: posts pushing product, posts about what is happening around the world, and posts about what Macy's themselves are doing outside of selling product. Their posts are done at a consistent rate, about once a day, which is great for the brand. Sunday started the #macysflowershow in their Herald Square store. I had never heard about this event, but thanks to Instagram I now am super intrigued and look forward to seeing the posts of the show. The ones so far have been absolutely beautiful. I've learned that retail is not all about just what the store sells, but can be about the fun events they get to host! If you have brands you love, go follow them on Instagram! You might learn something new about the brand that makes you even more loyal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment