Monday, February 9, 2015

Calling All Cooking Supply Companies

Pinterest is a social media platform I mentioned in my first blog I personally benefitted from. I also believe companies can benefit a tremendous amount from it. Specifically I have seen that companies selling cooking supplies or ingredients could benefit most from Pinterest. My friends and I use the platform a few times a week at least when deciding what to have for lunch or dinner. If companies created recipes using all of their ingredients and posted often to their own Pinterest account, I believe consumers would be more likely to go buy those ingredients. I want to share an example of this with a recipe I made this week. McCormick posted a recipe from their website McCormick.com on Pinterest and I decided to make it. All of the spices included in the recipe were McCormick's brand. I enjoyed the recipe so much it made me want to look at more recipes using their ingredients specifically. Below are pictures of the Pinterest recipe:



                            
    
      









1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that companies can benefit from Pinterest. When companies post and pin their products it brings awareness to their brand. Many people, including myself, browse Pinterest for recipes, clothing, workouts, etc. Like you mentioned, when I am searching Pinterest for a new recipe, I am more likely to buy the brands that are recommended on the recipe. Pinterest is a great way for companies to be creative and bring attention to their brand!

    ReplyDelete